Today, for the second day in a row, I got to the gym around 9am… with coffee in hand and plans to do my full workout and cardio. All.At.Once.
It may have been due to a full 8-9 hours of sleep for once… or it may have been due to the very interesting boy who works out at that time… but either way, I was ready.
Yesterday was back and bicep day:
- Pullups 4 X fail
- Bent over BB row (pyramid sets)
- Wide grip lat pulldown 4 X 6-8 superset with straight arm pressdowns 4 X 12
- High rope pull 6 X 6 superset with rope hammer curls 6 x 6
- EZ bar curls 3 x 5, 2 x 8
I finished it up with 15 minutes of intervals on the stepmill and 15 minutes of incline walking. I wasn’t pushing it, though. It was just to get moving.
Today was chest and triceps:
- Flat bb bench press (pyramid sets)
- DB incline press 5 X 6
- DB incline flies 4 X 8 superset to failure with incline press
- Pec dec 4 X12
- Weighted dips 4 X failure
- Skull crushers 3 X 8 superset with close grip bench press 3 x 8
Cardio was a hard day, 20 minutes treadmill sprints (ew) and 10 minutes of incline walking… with a ton of stretching. My legs are pretty stiff and achy and tomorrow is leg day soooo yeah, preventative measures as much as possible.
… as well as a voltaren rub down after my shower.
How do you prevent soreness?
… please don’t even bother suggesting an ice bath, I’ll tell you you’re bat &%$^ crazy. HAHA!