… a figure competitor
… a “healthy living blogger”
… a hot mess
Well then, there are probably a few things (…. or many things) you should know.
- Yes, I am a (semi-retired) figure competitor. No, that does not mean I’m crazy, obsessive, scary or unhealthy. I do track macros year round, frequent the gym, enjoy being active in general and I do get fairly strict in prep… but prove you’re worth my time and I will always make time for you. It’s as simple as that.
- Along those same lines… I don’t expect you to understand or “get” my lifestyle and choices in life, but I do expect you to respect them. I can take teasing and joking, hell I’ll even make fun of myself… but you’ve all heard the saying, “a drunk man’s words are a sober man’s thoughts? Well, joking man’s running joke is often his misunderstood distaste? Yeah, I’ll go with that. Regardless, know when to draw the line and when I’m really not in the mood to joke.
- I rarely drink, and when I do it’s not much at all. I guess you could consider me a social drinker. You know, wine and dinner, not a 6pack and passed out on the couch by 9pm. If your idea of a good time is a flat of beer, beer pong and going to the bar to “get out.of.control.” then don’t even bother.
- Yes, I do have facebook… and twitter… and a blog. But no, I will not add you right away. Ever. So don’t even bother asking. It’s all well and good to want to see my show photos, my life in Montreal and “who I am”… but I would much rather you get to know ME for who I am now and how I am in person rather than what you learn from creeping my facebook. All in good time! Most people automatically assume “shallow”… “only want to look good in a bikini”… “High maintenance”… when they see my online personality. That couldn’t be further from the truth.
- Yes, I have a blog. I will take random photos, refer to my “blog friends”, cook weird food and over-share on the regular… but Newsflash, that’s just who I am. I will fully respect your privacy (… like you respect my lifestyle) if you wish, but blogging has become my outlet and a great love for me so I can’t see it going away anytime soon.
- I live to be organized. I hate surprises, I plan ahead, pack my meals, arrange my schedule…. all so I can be completely random at times and take off at a moment’s notice. A weekend trip, a new city, wandering, or whatever! I’m an extreme planner and an extreme random dreamer…. it just is what it is!
What’s a dating deal breaker for you?!
For you single bloggers out there, when do you divulge the blog… or do you ever?!