The lovely Tenecia tagged me in a survey that’s going around. Seeing how my brain is mush I figure it’s about time I got around to it!
Here are the rules:
1) You must post the rules.
2) Post 12 fun facts about yourself on the blog post.
3) Answer the questions the tagger set for you in their post, then create 12 new questions for the people you tagged.
4) Tag 12 people and link them in your post.
5) Let them know you’ve tagged them!
12 Fun Facts About Me!
1. I hate sleeping in socks. Like really really hate it.
2. My feet have been so bitter cold lately I can’t remember the last time I slept without socks on. It feels so wrong. But so warm.
3. I use the same locker every single morning at the gym. I did in Montreal too. I don’t know how I’ll react if someone takes it. OCD much?
4. I could really use a massage. Or a manicure. Or a pedicure. Or anything that involves me not doing anything but looking and/or feeling better afterwards.
5. Thinking of 12 fun facts about me is really hard when I’m a compulsive over-sharer.
6. Did you know I was on my high school curling team? And actually enjoyed it. I seriously can’t believe I just admitted that.
7. Once upon a time I joked to my rowing coach about eating an entire box of instant mashed potatoes. Only I wasn’t joking. Those things were awesome. And I was really f-ing weird.
8. I fully intend to drink margaritas out of my trophy if it’s shaped like a cup for cinco de mayo. Yes, Elisa and I are already in talks for a cinco de mayo celebration that will be epic
9. True story… one of Elisa and I’s “epic” nights (in) in Montreal ended with a tattoo shop. We shouldn’t be allowed to be friends.
10. Speaking of Montreal, I really miss the greasy 99 cent metro station pizza. That would really rock my socks right now.
11. …. and self serve fro-yo. omg. I wish we had that out east.
So now to answer T’s questions!
1) How do you like your eggs?
How DONT I like my eggs is a better question? (the answer to that is poached. The sauce creeps me out).
I think my absolute favorite though is over easy… or in an omelet with bacon/ham and cheese. Lots and lots of cheese.
2) Favorite movie quote
“I can’t believe I just gave my panties to a geek” –Sixteen Candles
or being serious…
“Your heart is free, have the courage to follow it” – Braveheart
… honestly not that big on quotes. Obviously
3) Last book you read
“Bitter is the New Black” – Jen Lancaster
4) If you had $500 to spend on whatever you wanted, what would you buy?
I would buy… some new nike pro capris and shorts, some non-gross sports bras, a pair of bitchin heels and… some clothing that actually fits.
Oh. And a coffee. Or six.
5) What’s your "go to" recipe?
Anything in a crock pot. Or mexican. Or breakfast…. You know… Mexican eggs with crock pot chicken in them?!
Okay, it’s cake. Clearly it’s cake.
6) What concert(s) will you be going to this year?
My guess is none. I’m not a concert person. At all.
…. I can’t guarantee there won’t be a random band playing in a pub I show up at some point… but it won’t be planned.
7) Favorite candy
Good question. I like seasonal candy. It’s better when you can only get it certain times of the year.
8) What is the best piece of advice you’ve received?
Do what you love, love what you do
9) What was the first job you ever had?
Does babysitting count? If not, I worked at the Pet Corral all through high school. It was awesome playing with the SPCA pets and getting to be around horse and animal people all day
10) Do you untie your shoes before you take them off?
I really really really try to, especially when they’re new. But eventually I give up. Thankfully the Nike free’s are pretty loose so they slip off anyway
11) What is your best feature/body part/characteristic?
I could go with the cliché eyes, but really… I was born with them and lucked out to find the most badass mascara out there.
So I shall go with the body part I worked my ass off for. Literally. My legs. I get a lot of comments on how I changed my lifestyle and the most common one is “what’s the secret”. Apparently the wrong answer is “squats, deadlifts and a ton of hard work”. Oh well, worked for me, guess it’s not everyone’s thing.
12) If you could learn to do anything, what would it be?
I would like to learn…. how to skate again.
Yes, I’m a Habs obsessed Canadian who hasn’t been on skates since middle school. I’m clearly not good with ice, but hey, I’ve got wrist guards, that makes me invincible right?!
Now to tag… um… pretty sure every blog I read has done this, so I tag anyone who hasn’t done it! GO!