Better late than never right?
This was definitely a busy week. Family plans, date nights, a pretty big bombshell at work that still is a little up in the air. Added stress and all that, but I got in all my runs/miles that I had planned and came close enough on the gym. September will definitely be a month of working on being more consistent in the gym…. and training legs for real instead of a set here and there. Oops.
Monday August 18:
- 5 miles in the AM. Very consistent 9:36-9:42 pace for this one. Finally felt like I was back on track and it was “easier”. Not perfect and I can tell the volume is effecting my legs a bit speed wise (who am I kidding using words like speed) but feeling good.
- Back workout PM. Very quick and efficient. I’m not one to spend hours in the gym like years past. I’ve been having really solid workouts with super and tri sets and leave feeling “done”
Tuesday August 19:
- 5 miles of awesome (compared to last weeks suck) in the AM. Miles 1-3 were at a comfortable 9:14-9:25 pace and I finished up with the last two miles at a 9:35-9:40 pace. Was definitely spent after this but it felt really good to have a “fast” solid run two days in a row.
- Arms PM. Supersets and drops sets.
Wednesday August 20:
- 5 morning miles. Tired legs after the last two days, but got it done. Kind of wanted to go for 7 miles in my head, but I knew as soon as I made the turn for my long route it wasn’t happening so I quickly reversed and headed towards home.
Thursday August 21:
- 35 minutes of cross training in the morning. Bike/Stair sprints. I have had zero desire to run on a treadmill even though I had intended on speed work a few times a month. Honestly the weather has been awesome and I’m enjoying the great outdoors so I’m sticking with that until Canadian winters force me inside.
Friday August 22:
- 6 miles pre-work. Started out way too fast (I blame that friday feeling) and kind of bombed during mile 3. Stuck it out and finished a solid five even though my head said quit about ten times…. and my legs said quit even more
- Post work shoulders. Really good workout. I have no idea where this came from but it was awesome.
Saturday August 23:
- 4 miles. Thought about 5 but was pretty dead and craving a rest day. I got in my 25 miles for the week and was very happy at that.
Sunday August 24:
- Full rest day
Total weekly miles: 25
Total August miles: 75/100
Overall…. Decent. Very solid runs, missing one gym workout, but my priorities have definitely changed from two years ago and that’s just the way it should be.
Food was good. Frozen pizza twice, but fitting it into my plan and enjoying it (and not enjoying the ENTIRE thing) is really great for me right now. I’ve found my stride with my meals and prepping and it’s just become business as usual. I found the courage to haul on the green pants I want to fit into and sadly…. they actually are a size 0. Definitely not putting the pressure on myself to fit into them, but I can get them on and comfortably button them…. there is just no sitting down and they definitely do not fit as baggy as they should. 2 months to go so we shall see what kind of shape I’m in come October 22.
How was your week? Did you meet your goals?