Well… This definitely wasn’t the week I was planning on. After the whole “I quit” thing on Tuesday I really didn’t know what to expect. I ended up with two full rest days due to weather/life/necessity/allergies kicking me ass but feel 100% better because of that. So while this may have been a bit of a “lighter” week overall, I’m pretty much right on target with where I should be mileage wise at this point. Yes, I am going to have to put in two weeks of solid 25 mile weeks…. but that’s not going to be an issue.
Why not? … because I said so.
Monday August 11:
- 5 miles in the AM. This was the run where my head got the better of me and while I finished fairly ok overall, I knew my heart/head were all over the place in regards to running. It wasn’t pretty, but it got done in other words.
- Back workout PM. This was actually pretty decent. I started leaving my ego at the door of the gym quite awhile ago when honestly… I just stopped giving any thought to what other people thought of me. I’m “retired” with zero intentions of training anymore. I don’t feel the need to talk about mega lifts and how many pull-ups I can do. I’m going to the gym and training because I want to enjoy it. I’m slowing things down, trying different tempos and just doing what I want and oddly enough, I’m still seeing results.
Tuesday August 12:
- 3 miles of suck…. plus a mile and a half walk home after I totally quit. Sob story, whiny, cranky baby moment.
- Arms PM. I haven’t been training arms other than a few little bits of accessory work on back or chest day but have recently added this in to keep bringing up and balancing my upper body. Plus who doesn’t like bicep curls?
- 15 minutes of interval cross training at night to perk me up after the morning run
Wednesday August 13:
- 6 morning miles. Not 100% but compared to Tuesday morning way better. I didn’t pay too much attention to time but had consistent paces and effort levels throughout. I needed this run to get my head on straight, I knew if I took Wednesday off and allowed myself to wallow in the crappiness of my previous run I’d get into my old routine funk of i hate running, running is stupid, i don’t want to do this anymore…. and then one rest day would turn into two… and then three… and then 6 months.
Thursday August 14:
- 30 minutes of cross training in the morning. Didn’t feel like a treadmill run, so didn’t force it. Just wanted to move.
- Shoulders after work. Solid workout. Nothing crazy.
Friday August 15:
- Full rest day. down pouring when I woke up 15 minutes before my 4:45 alarm. Heavy rain warning in effect. F-that. Reset alarm and went back to bed.
- Pre-season hockey game after work. Priorities
Saturday August 16:
- Another full rest day. Quick trip to the States, costco run, couch. In other words, winning at life
Sunday August 17:
- Two miles of treadmill intervals. Nothing big or crazy, just wanted to get in a few miles to push me past the halfway mark of my August goal.
- Chest/shoulder workout. Yes, training shoulders twice a week again… someday I’ll have shoulders… someday.
Total weekly miles: 16
Total August miles: 51/100
Overall…. low mileage week, but still pushing on. I WILL make my goal.
Food wise much much much better this week. Especially on the weekend. There was treats (um, icecream), but overall very happy with my consistency and control right now. I feel way better than before about myself, regardless of number on a scale or item of clothing I’m wearing. Yes, I did wear jeans out Friday night and was quite comfortable, but really it’s just the attitude I have towards myself that the biggest change. When I know I’m consistently working out and eating right for my goals my self esteem and attitude is like night and day from when I have some time off/bad weeks. I’ll take it.
How was your week? Did you meet your goals?